You hear that? That’s our team zig zagging all over the office and around town to pull the final touches together for Summit next Saturday!
We are excited about this one, y’all. Like can’t-sleep-before-Christmas-morning kind of excited!
The panelists. The mentors. The meals. The sweets. The margaritas. The swag! Did we say the margaritas?
We hope you’ll join us for this incredible day. It’s carefully designed for creative thinkers looking for inspiration, empowerment, education and networking opportunities in a beautiful and fun environment.
Whether you’re thinking about starting a business, seeking out your tribe or just in need of some major good vibes, this day is for you. Here are 12 reasons why the day will rock!
1. Calling all free spirits. Cammy Miller is your kinda girl and you do not want to miss her panel “The Free Spirit’s Guide to Success.” The Show Me Your Mumu co-founder is spilling the beans on how she started and runs a major fashion force while staying true to her bohemian lifestyle and outlook on life.
2. “How to Make Your Budding Idea Blossom” is a major theme of Summit and we sit down with author/artist Alli Koch and Bows + Arrows founders Adam and Alicia Rico to get all the info. These three have built their own businesses from the ground up and now travel near and far for projects that are putting their names on the map.
3. Summit is all about inspiration and having fun, but we get down to business too. We’ve packed three educational workshops into two hours that cover everything from retail strategy and branding to social media hacks and photography tips. We also provide a super cool notepad and pen to take loads of notes and leave you with a fun souvenir post Summit.
4. LA girl bosses Rosie O’Neill and Galit Laibow are flying in town to talk about their inspiring career paths and current roles as co-founders of Sugarfina and Foodstirs, respectively. Their panel is titled “The Sweet Success of Reinventing a Classic Idea” and the women will talk about taking a simple, timeless idea and running with it to create Willy Wonka size success.
5. Which leads us into our next reason: sweets! Sugarfina and Foodstirs are both hosting sweet stations for guests to test their amazing products and stay jazzed all day long. Summit covers all the food groups (although sweets are our fave) with breakfast by Taco Diner, a Tex-Mex lunch spread courtesy of MiCocina and snacks, cold-pressed juice and coffee throughout the day.
6. You’ll need all the fuel to stay focused for our “How to Design Your Dream Job (and Life)!” panel with One Kings Lane creative director Jon Tutolo Magnolia’s lead photo stylist Hilary Rose Walker. These two have worked their way up the ladder — with lots of twists and turns along the way — to land their dream job and will share their tips, tricks and failure stories.
7. Summit is all about #realtalk. We work tirelessly to create a casual atmosphere for panelists to get candid and to the point stat. “The Power of Positivity and Perspective” panel with attorney and non-profit founder Brittany Barnett will leave you with goose bumps and the urge to make a difference in the world no matter your history or imperfections.
8. Our Shaker and Rock Star ticket holders receive a free copy of How to Draw Modern Florals by panelist Alli Koch. The author will sign books during happy hour and other guests are welcome to buy her tome in our retail shop to get it inked, too.
9. We’ve partnered with Glitter Guide for our cool Office Style Session. The 30 minute workshop allows guests to create inspiring and pretty things for their work space or home post Summit from potted succulents to custom hand lettered art prints.
10. Snag a Rock Star ticket and score a 30-minute one-on-one meeting with a panelist of your choice. Nuff said, right?!
11. It wouldn’t be a Flea Style event without some retail therapy. Browse our #shopsmall store brimming with clothing, candles, home decor and paper goods. Every attendee will also receive a canvas swag bag stuffed with ColourPop cosmetics to coconut water.
12. The best part of Summit? The crowd. From makers and small business owners to lawyers, publicists, bloggers and stay at home moms, our attendees are inspiring in their own right. We stagger the day to allow guests to mix and mingle and meet a needed business source to new best friend (it’s happened!).
We hope you’ll join us September 23rd from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.! Score your ticket now at fleastyle.com/summit.